[IGSMAIL-5233]: WG3 Final Report: "VLBI2010: Current and Future Requirements for Geodetic VLBI Systems"

Dirk Behrend dbb at ivscc.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 17 20:40:34 PDT 2005

IGS Electronic Mail      18 Oct 15:51:09 PDT 2005      Message Number 5233

Author: Dirk Behrend

(Our sincere apologies for cross-listing.)

Dear colleagues,

Working Group 3 of the IVS ("VLBI2010 Working Group") examined
current and future requirements for geodetic VLBI systems,
including all components from antenna to analysis, and prepared
a final report with recommendations for a new generation of
systems. The report is available as pdf file at the IVS web
site:

http://ivscc.gsfc.nasa.gov/about/wg/wg3/IVS_WG3_report_050916.pdf

In addition, a printed version of the report will be sent to
the IVS Associate Members as well as interested parties. The
report is currently being printed.

We would like to ask the IVS Associate Members to provide
the Coordinating Center with addresses of their funding agencies
as well as other organizations the report should be sent to.
The report is an excellent means to provide these agencies
with a vision of the future of VLBI and may have an influence
on future decisions.

Other interested people may also request a copy. We will send
them out as long as the supply lasts.

Best regards,

Dirk Behrend

Dirk Behrend                            dbb at ivscc.gsfc.nasa.gov
IVS Coordinating Center Director             phone 301-614-5939
GSFC Code 697                                  fax 301-614-6099
Greenbelt, MD 20771                  http://ivscc.gsfc.nasa.gov