[IGSMAIL-5193]: Parts of SOPAC archive offline

Michael Scharber mscharber at gpsmail.ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 25 14:26:51 PDT 2005

IGS Electronic Mail      25 Aug 14:26:56 PDT 2005      Message Number 5193

Author : Michael Scharber

GPS Community,

A mechanical upgrade to a mass storage device in our department, performed
Monday afternoon caused downtime now exceeding 72 hours - 70 hours beyond
what we had planned.  Though very little of SOPAC's public archive is
actually present on that device, and rarely accessed data at that, there
are a handful of folks we owe an apology to.

Until further notice, the following components of SOPAC's public tree are
unavailable:

 	ftp://garner.ucsd.edu    &     http://garner.ucsd.edu

 	 	/pub/highrate/cache/raw/2002 through 2005/199
 		/pub/highrate/cache/solutions/2003 through 2005/149
 		/pub/solutions/global/1991   through 2001
 		/pub/solutions/regional/1999 through 2000

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working diligently to restore
these data to public availability.

Best Regards,

Michael Scharber

       	Michael Scharber
 	Scripps Institution of Oceanography
 	Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
 	8785 Biological Grade
 	IGPP Room 4212
 	La Jolla, CA 92037

         mscharber at gpsmail.ucsd.edu