[IGSMAIL-5047]: New stations ZWE2, SYDN, SASK

Angelyn W. Moore Angelyn.W.Moore at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 15 15:58:36 PST 2004

IGS Electronic Mail      15 Nov 15:58:38 PST 2004      Message Number 5047

Author: Angelyn Moore

Dear IGS Colleagues,

Three stations have been added to the IGS network today.

ZWE2 in Zwenigorod, Russia, operated by GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam
with local support from the Institute of Astronomy, Russian Academy
of Science, is to replace ZWEN soon due to construction work.
The overlap period is potentially only a few weeks.  Data delivery
is hourly (same as for ZWEN).

SYDN in Sydney, Australia is located at the National Measurement
Institute and Geoscience Australia is the responsible agency.
The frequency reference for this station is a cesium which is
the national time service reference.  Hourly data will be available.

SASK in Saskatoon, Canada is relevant to postglacial rebound studies
and increases coverage in Canada.  It's operated by the Geological
Survey of Canada, Natural Resources Canada.

These stations are now seen in our station lists and maps, and we'll
begin to have data on the latency, etc. in the next day or so.

Best regards,
Angie
  Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.            Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau
  JPL/Caltech                               Angelyn.W.Moore at jpl.nasa.gov
  4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                   voice: +1 818 354 5434
  Pasadena CA 91109 USA  http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov  fax: +1 818 393 6686