[IGSMAIL-4299]: SOPAC Database maintenance

Michael Scharber mscharber at josh.ucsd.edu
Fri Mar 14 17:40:20 PST 2003

IGS Electronic Mail      14 Mar 17:40:22 PST 2003      Message Number 4299

Author : Michael Scharber

GPS Community,

Due to recent security notices pertaining to the software we use for our
production database server we have been forced to take our server down to
apply numerous security patches.

These patches may take several hours to apply.  As a result, numerous
utilities on SOPAC's website (http://sopac.ucsd.edu), as well as it's
daily and hourly archiving processes which keep ftp://garner.ucsd.edu fed
and up-to-date, are offline temporarily.

We expect these services to resume by tomorrow and apologize for any
inconveniences this maintenance may cause.

Best Regards,

Michael Scharber

SOPAC Archive Team

--