[IGSMAIL-4205]: SOPAC Database

Michael Scharber mscharber at josh.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 18 10:26:52 PST 2002

IGS Electronic Mail      18 Dec 10:26:53 PST 2002      Message Number 4205

Author : Michael Scharber

GPS Community,

SOPAC is migrating it's production database to a new server today.  Many
web-based applications at http://sopac.ucsd.edu and http://csrc.ucsd.edu
will be unavailable during this migration.  Furthermore, hourly (near-real
time) rinex archiving will also be affected (in other words very
incomplete).

We expect that archiving-related functions will resume within 4-5 hours
(late afternoon PST) and that most affected web-based applications will be
back on-line and/or fixed at the same time....or for sure by the end of
the week.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  Among other things,
this move will increase the speed and efficiency of many SOPAC services as
well as remove our dependency on older, less reliable, hardware.

Best Regards,

Michael Scharber

--
      	Michael Scharber