[IGSMAIL-4203]: Session G14 at the EGS-AGU-EGU "Impact of New Missions"

Michael M. Watkins Michael.M.Watkins at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 17 18:49:47 PST 2002

IGS Electronic Mail      18 Dec 08:52:59 PST 2002      Message Number 4203

Author: M. Watkins

Dear Colleagues,

we would like to remind you of Session G14 at the EGS-AGU-EGU Joint
Assembly in Nice, France, April 6-11, 2003:

G14 "Impact of New and Planned Missions (CHAMP, GRACE, ENVISAT,
JASON, ICESAT, CRYOSAT, GOCE, GFO)"
      (co-sponsored by OS, HS, AS, GD, CR, NH & GI)

We welcome and encourage contributions to this session, which is
highly interdisciplinary in nature and seeks to provide an overview
of the new science enabled by the current generation of geodetic
missions and their synthesis.  The deadline for submission of
abstracts is JANUARY 15, 2003.

Information regarding the conference and the submission of abstracts
may be found at:

http://www.copernicus.org/egsagueug/index.html

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message.

Best regards,
Mike Watkins
Ernst Schrama
Jerome Benveniste

--

G14 Impact of New and Planned Missions (CHAMP, GRACE, ENVISAT, JASON,
GI)

Gravity mapping missions such as CHAMP, GRACE, GOCE, and GRACE
Follow-On are expected to significantly improve the spatial
resolution and accuracy of the mean gravity field of the Earth. GRACE
and GRACE Follow-On should observe temporal variations of geophysical
interest on at least monthly time scales. The recent and planned
altimeter missions ENVISAT, JASON, ICESAT, and CRYOSAT are designed
for mapping the time varying topography of the world oceans and/or
ice sheets, and the thickness of marine ice cover. This session
welcomes talks that deal with applications of all mentioned missions
related to geodesy, oceanography, glaciology and other geological
sciences. Moreover we particularly invite talks that deal with
calibration and validation of mission data, assessment or performance
studies and especially the synergy between missions.