[IGSMAIL-4172]: IGS Honors Announcement, Dec. 10

Ruth E. Neilan ruth.neilan at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 25 15:25:12 PST 2002

IGS Electronic Mail      25 Nov 15:28:56 PST 2002      Message Number 4172

Author: Ruth Neilan

Dear Colleagues,

It is my pleasure to announce an IGS Honors Meeting during the AGU to
recognize important transitions in the IGS Governing Board.  You are
cordially invited to join a celebration on Tuesday evening  December
10 to honor Prof. Christoph Reigber as he completes his term as Chair
of the Board.  Prof. Robert Weber has been the IGS Analysis Center
Coordinator for the past two years and will turn this important
responsibility over early in 2003. Dr. Joachim Feltens will remain a
member of the Ionosphere Working Group, but will no longer Chair this
activity. Prof. Paul Paquet, our representative from FAGS, also
retired a few months ago.

The reception will be held at the:

               Argent Hotel
               50 Third Street
               San Francisco, CA 94103
               Tel: 415-974-6400
               Fax: 415-543-8268

               7:00 - 10:00 PM
           Tuesday, December 10, 2002

The Argent Hotel is located one block from Moscone Center and the
Center for the Arts. Signs in the hotel lobby will provide directions
to the room location. Arrangements are being made by the Central
Bureau.

To defray costs of the room and plentiful hors d'oeuvres, the Central
Bureau requests each person to contribute at least $10 at the door. A
no-host full bar will be available. The atmosphere will be informal
as we toast and roast these gentlemen remembering their service to
the IGS.

So that we may ensure final planning numbers, can you please RSVP
your intention to attend as soon as possible? And certainly by
Sunday, December 8 by replying to this message.

Please join us for this honors celebration!

Best regards,

Ruth Neilan
--

  International GPS Service - Central Bureau
        Jet Propulsion Laboratory