[IGSMAIL-3940]: NRCan/GSC Data: FTP server change

Schmidt, Michael schmidt at pgc.nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Jun 13 13:14:13 PDT 2002

IGS Electronic Mail      13 Jun 13:14:27 PDT 2002      Message Number 3940

Author: Michael Schmidt

Dear Colleagues

Our FTP server sikanni.pgc.nrcan.gc.ca has just suffered a disk failure.
Fortunately we were in the process of changing to a new server which has
been operating in test mode for several weeks. We would ask that anybody who
has been retrieving data directly from us, for any of the Western Canada
Deformation Array (WCDA) sites (ALBH, BCOV, CHWK, DRAO, DUBO, ELIZ, FLIN,
HOLB, NANO, NTKA, UCLU, WILL, WSLR) change to the new server for data
retrieval; (Note: not all of these sites are submitted to the IGS).

The new FTP server is:

 wcda.pgc.nrcan.gc.ca

The directory tree structure is the same as the old FTP server.

If you experience any problems please let me know with a cc to Yuan Lu
(lu at pgc.nrcan.gc.ca); we had planned a more orderly switch to the new server
with ample warning; however ....

Apologies for any incoveniences

Regards

Mike

Michael Schmidt, P.Eng.         post: PO Box 6000
Geological Survey of Canada           Sidney BC
Natural Resources Canada              Canada V8L 4B2
tel +1 250-363-6760
FAX +1 250-363-6565
Mobile +1 250-920-6128          ship: 9860 West Saanich Rd
schmidt at pgc.nrcan.gc.ca               North Saanich BC
http://www.pgc.nrcan.gc.ca            Canada V8L 3S1