[IGSMAIL-3900]: Important IGS site log news

Angelyn Moore Angelyn.W.Moore at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun May 26 11:48:35 PDT 2002

IGS Electronic Mail      26 May 11:39:57 PDT 2002      Message Number 3900

Author: Angelyn Moore

Dear Colleagues,

This message will describe activity related to the change of site log
format at the IGS.  The log format circulated in IGSMail #3232 was
designed to allow the full integration of dual GPS/GLONASS stations into
the IGS.  These stations were recognized by the Chair of the IGLOS-PP
(International GLONASS Service Pilot Project) in a letter requesting
that logs in the new format be sent to the CB.  These are being accepted
and verified.

Current IGS (GPS) stations must also change to the new format.  To
faciliate this, the CB has converted all current IGS site logs into
the new log format.  The logs were audited during this process to
ensure that all necessary information was in the correct formats, and
many required reformatting of some lines to ensure a clean and
correct conversion.  A careful record of these was kept for each log.
Most are simple reformats, but some marked with "**" and "PLEASE VERIFY"
will require verification by a site operator.  The responsible operator
listed in each log is being directly emailed a list of links to the
relevant files for that site.

As a summary:

ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/station/log         The old format IGS logs
ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/station/logfixes     The reformats applied
                                                  before conversion
ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/station/fixedoldlogs  The reformatted logs
ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/station/newformatlogs  The converted logs

ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/station/general/draft.log
is a blank new format log.

ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/station/general/draft.igs.snx
is a SINEX template based on the converted logs and draft.igs.snx.err
is the corresponding error file.

In the coming days as operators verify the items discovered in the
audit, we will begin to regularly update SINEX template based on the
converted logs.

I have tried to anticipate a few likely questions below.  Please feel
free to ask any others.

With thanks to everyone for their assistance in this maneuver, and
apologies in advance for any inconvenience in the transition period,

Angie
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.            Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau
 JPL/Caltech                               Angelyn.W.Moore at jpl.nasa.gov
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                   voice: +1 818 354 5434
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA  http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov  fax: +1 818 393 6686

Q: When will the new format logs be official?