[IGSMAIL-3895]: DRAO: scheduled power outage May 29, 2002

Schmidt, Michael schmidt at pgc.nrcan.gc.ca
Thu May 23 22:07:24 PDT 2002

IGS Electronic Mail      23 May 22:07:33 PDT 2002      Message Number 3895

Author: Michael Schmidt

                     GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA
                   WESTERN CANADA DEFORMATION ARRAY
                         GPS TRACKER ADVISORY

GPS TRACKER ID: DRAO
DOMES No.:      40105M002
MONUMENT No.    887006
LOCATION:       Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory (DRAO)
                Penticton B.C, Canada

ADVISORY:

We have been informed that there will be an 8-12 hour power outage at DRAO
on Wednesday May 29.  This is required in order to switch over the main
power feed at the Observatory to a new building under construction. There
will also be disruption to the telecommunications to the site. The extent of
this is not known at this time. We hope to keep disruption to a minimum but
due to the extent of the work being carried out at the Observatory we have
no clear and definitive idea of the extent of the down time. We plan to keep
the maser on auxiliary power - unfortunately this may not be possible for
the entire GPS facility but we will certainly attempt to do so in which case
there will simply be a delay in submitting the data ... but then there is
Murphy ....

Cheers

Michael

Michael Schmidt, P.Eng.         post: PO Box 6000
Geological Survey of Canada           Sidney BC
Natural Resources Canada              Canada V8L 4B2
tel +1 250-363-6760
FAX +1 250-363-6565
Mobile +1 250-920-6128          ship: 9860 West Saanich Rd
schmidt at pgc.nrcan.gc.ca               North Saanich BC
http://www.pgc.nrcan.gc.ca            Canada V8L 3S1

This is to inform you that we are expecting an 8-12 hour power outage
here at DRAO on Wed May 29.  This is so that West Kootenay can switch
over our main power feed to the new building