[IGSMAIL-3819]: Aviel Ron, Director Survey of Israel

Yehuda Bock ybock at igpp.ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 2 09:17:19 PST 2002

IGS Electronic Mail      02 Apr 09:30:46 PST 2002      Message Number 3819

Author: Yehuda Bock
Subject: Aviel Ron, Director Survey of Israel

IGS Colleagues,

Mr. Aviel Ron, Director of the Survey of Israel, and his two children
Ofer and Anat were murdered on Sunday by a suicide bomber in a
crowded restaurant in Haifa. His wife was lightly injured in the
terrorist attack.

The Survey of Israel is an agency of the IGS, and contributes
continuous data from a dozen sites in Israel to the international
community.

Please join me in offering our deep condolences to the Survey of
Israel and the geodetic community in Israel for this terrible loss.

-- Yehuda
Yehuda Bock		e-mail: ybock at ucsd.edu
Research Geodesist	Phone:  (858) 534-5292
& Senior Lecturer	Fax:    (858) 534-9873
			WWW:    http://sopac.ucsd.edu/; http://csrc.ucsd.edu/

Director, Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center (SOPAC)
Director, California Spatial Reference Center (CSRC)

Address:
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, Code 0225
La Jolla, CA 92093-0225

FedEx Address:
Cecil H. and Ida M. Green Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
8785 Biological Grade, Room 4208
La Jolla, CA 92037