[IGSMAIL-3645]: Data disruption from all WCDA sites

Schmidt mschmidt at islandnet.com
Sat Dec 15 16:48:53 PST 2001

IGS Electronic Mail      15 Dec 16:42:57 PST 2001      Message Number 3645

Author: Michael Schmidt

***
                     GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA
                   WESTERN CANADA DEFORMATION ARRAY

Sunday December 16, 2001 00:30UT:
We are currently experiencing a problem (off site) with our access to
the internet due to power outages throughout the region caused by severe
wind storms; this problem commenced approx. 13:30UT December 15, 2001.
The data retrieval processes at our central data collection facility are
back on track with few problems noted at any of the sites (dare I say).
However, the delivery of data to CDDIS and other data centers from all
WCDA sites will be delayed until such time as the connection to the
internet can be re-established. IGS sites affected include: ALBH, CHWK,
DRAO, DUBO, FLIN, HOLB, NANO, UCLU, WILL, WSLR.

We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to have the data on line as
soon as possible.

Cheers

Mike

For further information please contact:

Michael Schmidt, P.Eng.         post: PO Box 6000
Geological Survey of Canada           Sidney BC
Natural Resources Canada              Canada V8L 4B2
tel +1 250-363-6760
FAX +1 250-363-6565
Mobile +1 250-920-6128          ship: 9860 West Saanich Rd
schmidt at pgc.nrcan.gc.ca               North Saanich BC
http://www.pgc.nrcan.gc.ca            Canada V8L 3S1