[IGSMAIL-3619]: SOPAC security-measures

Michael Scharber mscharber at josh.ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 29 13:24:42 PST 2001

IGS Electronic Mail      29 Nov 12:24:44 PST 2001      Message Number 3619

Author: Michael Scharber

To the GPS Community,

Due to recently publicized security holes in various ftp servers SOPAC is
taking measures, immediately, to prevent a possible breach of our system
security.  In doing so we will have to shutdown our public ftp service
(ftp://lox.ucsd.edu) for a hour or two (hopefully maximum) ASAP.
We hope to minimize the length of the downtime for our users and apologize
for any inconvenience imposed by this downtime.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Michael Scharber

SOPAC Archive Team

--
      	Michael Scharber