[IGSMAIL-3512]: nrtdata @ SOPAC

Michael Scharber mscharber at josh.ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 5 17:05:07 PDT 2001

IGS Electronic Mail      05 Sep 17:13:13 PDT 2001      Message Number 3512

Author: Michael Scharber
Subject: nrtdata @ SOPAC
Members of the GPS community,

The Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center (SOPAC) would like to inform
you that near realtime GPS data are now publicly available at SOPAC via
FTP at ftp://lox.ucsd.edu/pub/nrtdata .  This service, currently a 72 hour
buffer of hourly RINEX data (approx. 75 sites), is an attempt to mirror
similar services provided by CDDISA and BKG.  The cooperation of all
agencies providing data and/or advice to SOPAC with regard to this service
has been, and continues to be, greatly appreciated.  Among the various
agencies SOPAC has been working with to help provide this service are:

	AUSLIG      BKG      CDDIS	CNES
	ESA	    GEODAF   GFZ      	JPL
        NOAA	    NRCAN    PGC	UNAVCO
        UTPNG

Already SOPAC has seen considerable usage of this service since its
inception just over two months ago, accounting for roughly 200,000
external transfers in August alone.

At this point we feel it merits a formal announcement and invite any
comments and/or feedback you may have regarding this recent addition to
the SOPAC public GPS archive.  Accordingly we would like to thank all of
those individuals who have provided SOPAC with their comments, data and/or
suggestions during this process.

All questions can be sent directly to archive at sopac.ucsd.edu .

Best Regards,

Michael Scharber

SOPAC Archive Team

        Michael Scharber
        Scripps Institution of Oceanography
        Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
        8785 Biological Grade
        IGPP Room 4212
        La Jolla, CA 92037

        mscharber at josh.ucsd.edu