[IGSMAIL-3152]: CDDIS computer outage

Carey Noll NOLL at CDDIS.GSFC.NASA.GOV
Tue Jan 2 12:36:55 PST 2001

IGS Electronic Mail      02 Jan 12:38:29 PST 2001      Message Number 3152

Author: CDDIS/Carey Noll

Unfortunately, the CDDIS computer, cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov, is
experiencing problems with one of its filesystems.  We will be
shutting down the system tomorrow morning, January 03, sometime around
07:00 a.m. (EST).  We hope the downtime will be short while the
problem is investigated.  Fortunately, the disk affected is not our
prime GPS, SLR, DORIS, etc. disk so user access to our ftp and web
sites should not be affected prior to this outage. We regret any
inconvenience this downtime will cause the user community as well as
the short notice.

Regards,
Carey.