[IGSMAIL-3071]: Z12 receivers & clock steering

Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) jimr at maia.usno.navy.mil
Wed Oct 25 05:37:18 PDT 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      25 Oct 05:37:20 PDT 2000      Message Number 3071

Author: Jim Ray

ATTN: all operators of Ashtech Z12 receivers using external
      frequency standards

Please note the following forwarded message from Mikhail Kogan concerning
the proper operating settings for an Ashtech Z12 receiver equipped with
an external frequency standard -- in particular, the CLOCK STEERING option.

In order to interpret your clock results, I ask that each Ashtech station
operator:

1) report to IGS Mail your setting of the CLOCK STEERING option and any
changes;

2) update your IGS Site Log to include this information in section 6 on
frequency standard.  This can be done under "Notes", for example, by

6.1  Standard Type            : H-MASER
       Frequency              : 5 MHz
       Effective Dates        : 24-APR-1997
       Notes                  : CLOCK STEERING set NO on 24-APR-1997

Many thanks to Dr. Kogan for his detective work and for your cooperation,
--Jim