[IGSMAIL-3015]: ZIMM data corrupted on doy 252-254

Elmar.Brockmann at lt.admin.ch Elmar.Brockmann at lt.admin.ch
Tue Sep 12 08:22:42 PDT 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      12 Sep 08:23:32 PDT 2000      Message Number 3015

Author: E. Brockmann

As announced in a previous mail the antenna of ZIMM was used within an
antenna calibration campaign on doy 250 - 252.
In the evening of doy 252 (Friday) the antenna was reinstalled.

Unfortunately the data were not usable for precise geodetic analysis on the
days 252 - 254. Thanks to the Bernese Team at the university of Berne for
giving us a quick feedback. On Monday we performed a "power-off - power-on"
approach which solved the problem (?). So we have normal operation since
Monday (doy 255).

We conclude:
- Please do not use the data between 250 and 252.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

With kind regards,

E. Brockmann

p.s. Another (well known) conclusion: No changes on Friday evening...

Dr. Elmar Brockmann
Swiss Federal Office of Topography (Bundesamt fuer Landestopographie)
Section Satellite Geodesy (Abteilung Satelliten-Geodäsie)
Seftigenstrasse 264
CH-3084 Wabern
Switzerland

Phone:           ++41 / 31 / 963 22 56