[IGSMAIL-3010]: IGS Users Forum at GPS 2000

Ruth E. Neilan rneilan at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Sep 9 14:07:00 PDT 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      09 Sep 14:04:44 PDT 2000      Message Number 3010

Author: Ruth Neilan

                     INTERNATIONAL GPS SERVICE
                          OPEN USERS FORUM
                         Wednesday, Sept 20
                             5:30-7:00 PM
               Location TBD, Check Program, look for Flyers

This year at the Institute of Navigation Meeting, GPS 2000 in Salt
Lake City IGS Central Bureau will conduct a Users Forum, an open
venue.  This will take place on Wednesday, September 20 just prior to
the Exhibition Opening Reception.

This informal session is designed to encourage participation by all
users of IGS information, data, products and organization. The IGS
Forum will begin with a brief overview of the status of the IGS,
including information on how to access the many data products
generated by the IGS, of which the mostly widely  recognized are the
very precise orbits of the GPS satellites. We will also briefly
present the latest accomplishments of the IGS: predicted orbits, the
developing 'Ultra-rapid' orbits, the GLONASS pilot service and
support for LOW Earth Orbiting missions

Users will be encouraged to provide perspectives on the utility and
value of IGS, and the IGS will solicit user input on future
directions and areas where the IGS could provide better or new
products and information.

This is the first open forum that the IGS has conducted and we
encourage anyone interested in the IGS to attend.

We are fortunate that the ION Satellite Division chaired by Ron Hatch
has endorsed IGS for inclusion into the on-site program and
advertising. IGS recognizes ION for significant effort organizing
these annual GPS meetings and express our appreciation in being able
to participate and contribute to this meeting.

Ruth E. Neilan                    Telephone:     (818)-354-8330
Director, IGS Central Bureau      FAX:           (818)-393-6686
Jet Propulsion Laboratory         E-mail (IGS):  igscb at igscb.jpl.nasa.gov
MS 238-540                        E-mail:        ruth.neilan at jpl.nasa.gov
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA 91109                IGS CBIS:  http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/