[IGSMAIL-2823]: Intermittent problems with host cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov

Carey Noll NOLL at CDDIS.GSFC.NASA.GOV
Fri May 5 13:23:24 PDT 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      05 May 13:26:19 PDT 2000      Message Number 2823

Author:  Carey Noll/CDDIS

Dear Colleagues,

    First, sorry for the multiple versions of this email that you will
probably receive.  Second, sorry for the problems accessing the CDDIS
computer system cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov that you may be having
occasionally.  At this time, we are having a problem with one of our
disk drives (oh no, not again); although that filesystem is now
off-line, it seems that the system continues to experience
intermittent slow periods that may affect network access to it.
Therefore, you may notice some slowness during ftp and web sessions.
This problem may affect both the CDDIS and ILRS web pages.  I regret
the problems our situation may be causing; we hope to have a
technician out on Monday to look into this if we are unable to solve
the problem ourselves prior to that time.

Regards,
Carey.