[IGSMAIL-2747]: Network Workshop: sessions and posters

Angelyn W. Moore Angelyn.W.Moore at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 15 14:54:20 PST 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      15 Mar 14:54:20 PST 2000      Message Number 2747

Author: Angelyn Moore

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder that the IGS Network Workshop 2000 will be held
July 12-14 in Oslo, Norway; see http://www.gdiv.statkart.no/igsworkshop
The poster deadline has changed! Please see below.

The session chairs are finalizing the invited speaker lists and the
sessions are shaping up as follows.  (This is preliminary and
subject to change).

           Wednesday 12 July (morning): G. Gendt and J. Zumberge
Real-time Analysis Center Issues, Now and Future (Joint with COST Action 716)
-- COST Action 716 and the IGS
-- Real-time analysis software development
-- ultrarapid product development
-- occultation mission requirements

Wednesday 12 July  (afternoon): M. Caissy and W. Gurtner
Network Requirements
-- Global GPS Networks in Industry
-- Data formats
-- Demands on various ODCs
-- Needs from various working groups

Thursday 13 July (morning): M. Chin, L. Combrinck
Regional Operations and Equipment Issues
-- RDCs
-- Regional responsibilities
-- Regional densification
-- station specific issues

Thursday 13 July (afternoon): L. Daniel, C. Noll
Data systems
-- Data flow/backup
-- Data system support to LEO missions
-- IGLOS-PP
-- Hourly data flow status & directions
-- Seamless archive

Friday 14 July (afternoon): T. Herring, T. Springer
IGS Analysis network needs
-- necessity for rapid station quality feedback
-- multitechnique co-location issues

There will be panel discussions and planning for IGS network development.

As time is limited there are certainly important topics which will
not fit into the spoken sessions.  Therefore, we encourage our colleagues
with significant developments or new ideas to submit posters to foster
discussions.  We will publicize a firm talk schedule by 7 April and
request that a short paragraph describing your poster submissions
be submitted by email to me no later than *** 30 April ***.
Please also recall that the registration and hotel reservation deadline
is 15 May 2000.

Hope to see you in Norway!
Best regards,
Angie
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.              Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau
 JPL/Caltech                                 Angelyn.W.Moore at jpl.nasa.gov
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                     voice: +1 818 354 5434
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA   http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov   fax: +1 818 393 6686