[IGSMAIL-2679]: ITRF2000 status

Zuheir Altamimi altamimi at ensg.ign.fr
Fri Jan 21 07:04:12 PST 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      21 Jan 06:01:04 PST 2000      Message Number 2679

Author: Zuheir Altamimi <altamimi at ensg.ign.fr>

Dear Colleagues,

The ITRF2000 project is under development. Here are some news:

************   FOR LATE SUBMISSIONS!!!

We would like to remind you that the deadline (March 1, 2000) for
submissions to the ITRF2000 is approaching. Full information related
to the ITRF2000 Call for Participation is available at:

             http://lareg.ensg.ign.fr/ITRF/ITRF2000/

In the meantime we still appreciate if you could fill in the appended
reply form indicating your willingness to contribute to the ITRF2000.

************   STATUS REPORT

The IERS Directing Board recognized the progress of the project during
its
meeting in San Francisco on dec 1999.

Here is a summary of announced contributions ( see web site for
details):

***Global solutions:

ASI Italy (SLR)
Center for Space Research, Austin USA (SLR,DORIS)
CODE Switzerland (GPS)
FESG Munich (LLR)
GIUB Germany (VLBI)
GRIM France (combined GRIM)
JPL USA (GPS)
NIMA USA (GPS)
Shanghai Astronomical Observatory China (VLBI)

***Densification solutions:

ASI Italy (VLBI Europe)
BKG Germany (GPS EUREF)
CODE Switzerland (GPS Europe EUVN)
IBGE Brazil (GPS Brazil)
JPL USA (GPS California SCIGN)
REGAL France (GPS Alps)
SCAR Dresde Germany (GPS Antarctica SCAR)
University of Alaska USA (GPS Alaska)

***Validation groups:
ASI
NIMA

******************      ITRF2000 Network

The final selection is performed by a Catalogue Working Group chaired by
Zuheir Altamimi. This is a sub group of the IERS Working Group on ITRF
datum (WGID) now chaired by Khristine Larson (Univ of Colorado),
replacing
Jim Ray since december 1999 .

Any point related to the network should be addressed to Zuheir.

*****************      ITRF2000 datum

The datum selection will follow the recommendations expressed in the
first
report of the WGID which can be found at:

ftp://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/itrf/ITRF-WG.Report

Best regards

Claude Boucher and Zuheir Altamimi

--
ITRF2000 Reply form