[IGSMAIL-2392] PETP

Grigory Grigory
Thu Jul 29 05:03:23 PDT 1999

IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jul 29  5:03:23 PDT 1999      Message Number 2392

Author: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Subject: PETP: Receiver Replacement

For the last two weeks, the TurboRogue at PETP stops collecting data
in unpredictable manner, usually at about 17 UTC. Since DOY 208, we replaced
it with the Ashtech Z-12 receiver. The Z-12 operates in a stable manner,
without loss of data, throughout the 24-hrs session. We intend to continue
experimenting with the Z-12 to the end of the current week. In case of success,
the TR at PETP will be finally replaced with the Z-12 early next week.

Regards,

-- Grigory Steblov (steblov at ria.ipmnet.ru)

-- Mikhail Kogan   (kogan at ldeo.columbia.edu)

Site Name                : Institute of Volcanology, Petropavlovsk
Four Character ID        : PETP
Location:                : Kamchatka Peninsula, Pacific Ocean margin, RUSSIA
Additional Information   : This station is part of NEDA:
                         : Northern Eurasia Deformation Array created and
                         : run by RUSEG: Russia/US Experiment on Geodynamics
                         : by GPS Technology.
                         : NEDA operational control is provided by RDAAC:
                         : Regional GPS Data Acquisition/Analysis Center,
                         : Moscow, Russia
                         : (contact Grigory Steblov: steblov at ria.ipmnet.ru)

[Mailed From: Mikhail Kogan <kogan at ldeo.columbia.edu>]