[IGSMAIL-2130] Update of TRO1 log

Svein Svein
Wed Jan 20 04:34:08 PST 1999

Subject
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jan 20  4:34:08 PST 1999      Message Number 2130

Author: Svein Rekkedal
Subject: Update of TRO1 log

     TRO1 Site Information Form
     International GPS Service for Geodynamics

0.   Form

     Prepared by (full name)  : Svein Rekkedal
     Date Prepared            : 20-JAN-1999
     Report Type              : UPDATE
     Prepared Using           :

1.   Site Identification of the GPS Monument

     Site Name                : Tromsoe
     Four Character ID        : TRO1
     Monument Inscription     :
     IERS DOMES Number        : 10302M006
     CDP Number               :
     Date Installed           : 31-05-1997
     Geologic Characteristic  : Bedrock
       Bedrock Type           : METAMORPHIC/SEDIMENTARY
       Bedrock Condition      : Fresh
       Fracture Spacing       : over 200 cm
       Notes                  :
     Additional Information   : A reinforced block of concrete is
blasted
    into the bedrock and bolted to it. A steel
    tower of approx. 4 m. height is carrying the
    GPS antenna.

2.   Site Location Information

     City or Town             : Tromsoe
     State or Province        :
     Country                  : Norway
     Tectonic Plate           : Eurasian
     Approximate Position
       X coordinate (m)       : 2102929
       Y coordinate (m)       :  721619
       Z coordinate (m)       : 5958196
       Latitude (deg)         : 69.66 N
       Longitude (deg)        : 18.94 E
       Elevation (m)          : 142
     Additional Information   :

3.   GPS Receiver Information

3.1  Receiver Type            : ROGUE SNR-8000
     Serial Number            : 103
     Firmware Version         : TurboRogue GPS Receiver Host Software
    Version 3 Release 2
    55/02/28 Field Configuration 8
     Date Installed           : 31-05-1997
     Date Removed             :
     Additional Information   :

4.   GPS Antenna Information

4.1  Antenna Type             : DORNE MARGOLIN T
     Serial Number            : T103
     Antenna Height (m)       : 0.0
     Antenna Reference Point  : ARP
     Degree Offset from North : 0
     Antenna Radome Type      : NONE
     Date Installed           : 15-07-1997
     Date Removed             : 1998-12-22-11:40
     Additional Information   :

4.2  Antenna Type             : DORNE MARGOLIN ASH
     Serial Number            : CRG0110
     Antenna Height (m)       : 0.0
     Antenna Reference Point  : ARP
     Degree Offset from North : 0
     Antenna Radome Type      : ASHTECH
     Date Installed           : 1998-12-22-13:20
     Date Removed             :
     Additional Information   : COMBINED GPS & GLONASS ANTENNA.
         PART# 701073 rev 1

5.   Local Site Ties

5.1  Monument Name            : VLBI
     Site Ref CDP Number      : 7602
     Site Ref Domes Number    : 10302M002
     Differential Components from GPS Mark to Site Reference (ITRS)
       dx (m)                 : -24.5648
       dy (m)                 : -16.8829
       dz (m)                 : + 5.1438
     Accuracy (mm)            :   1
     Date Measured            : 1997
     Additional Information   :

5.2  Monument Name            : TROM
     Site Ref CDP Number      :
     Site Ref Domes Number    : 10302M003
     Differential Components from GPS Mark to Site Reference (ITRS)
       dx (m)                 : +11.7217
       dy (m)                 : -49.9995
       dz (m)                 : - 4.0784
     Accuracy (mm)            :   1
     Date Measured            : 1997
     Additional Information   :

5.3  Monument Name            : PRARE
     Site Ref CDP Number      :
     Site Ref Domes Number    :
     Differential Components from GPS Mark to Site Reference (ITRS)
       dx (m)                 : + 5.246
       dy (m)                 : - 5.728
       dz (m)                 : - 1.039
     Accuracy (mm)            :  15
     Date Measured            : 1997
     Additional Information   :

6.   Frequency Standard

6.1  Standard Type            : NONE
       Frequency              :
       Effective Dates        :
       Notes                  :

7.   Collocation Information

7.1  Instrumentation Type     : PRARE
       Status                 : REMOVED
       Effective Dates        : NOV 1995 - MAY 1997
       Notes                  :

7.2  Instrumentation Type     : SATREF: DGPS based on Trimble 4000 SSI
       Status                 : ACTIVE
       Effective Dates        : 1995
       Notes                  : This system samples every second and is
used for
           navigation

8.   Meteorological Instrumentation

8.1  Humidity Sensor Model    : NOT AVAILABLE
       Manufacturer           :
       Data Frequency         :
       Accuracy (% rel h)     :
       Effective Dates        :
       Notes                  :

8.2  Pressure Sensor Model    : NOT AVAILABLE
       Manufacturer           :
       Data Frequency         :
       Accuracy (mbar)        :
       Height Diff to GPS (m) :
       Effective Dates        :
       Notes                  :

8.3  Temperature Sensor Model : NOT AVAILABLE
       Manufacturer           :
       Data Frequency         :
       Accuracy (deg C)       :
       Effective Dates        :
       Notes                  :

8.4  Water Vapor Radiometer   : NOT AVAILABLE
       Manufacturer           :
       Distance to GPS (m)    :
       Elev Diff to GPS (m)   :
       Effective Dates        :
       Notes                  :

8.5  Other Instrumentation    :

9.   On-Site, Point of Contact Agency Information

     Agency                   : Nordlysobservatoriet
     Mailing Address          : Universitetet i Tromsoe
                              : 9037 TROMSOE
         : NORWAY
     Primary Contact
       Contact Name           : SEE 10.
       Telephone (primary)    :
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    :
       E-mail                 :
     Secondary Contact
       Contact Name           :
       Telephone (primary)    :
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    :
       E-mail                 :
     Additional Information   :

10.  Responsible Agency (if different from 9.)

     Agency                   : Geodetic Institute
                              : Norwegian Mapping Authority
     Mailing Address          : N-3500 Honefoss
                              : Norway
     Primary Contact
       Contact Name           : RUNE I. HANSSEN
       Telephone (primary)    : +47-321 18 249
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    : +47-321 18 101
       E-mail                 : rune.hanssen at gdiv.statkart.no
     Secondary Contact
       Contact Name           : SVEIN REKKEDAL
       Telephone (primary)    : +47 321 18 346
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    : +47 321 18 101
       E-mail                 : svein.rekkedal at gdiv.statkart.no
       Secondary Contact
       Contact Name           : METTE MAEHLE
       Telephone (primary)    : +47 321 18 441
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    : +47 321 18 101
       E-mail                 : mette.maehle at gdiv.statkart.no
     Additional Information   :

11.  More Information

     URL for More Information :
     Hardcopy on File
       Site Map               :
       Site Diagram           :
       Horizon Mask           :
       Monument Description   :
                              :
       Site Pictures          :
     Additional Information   :

     Antenna Graphics with Dimensions

             TurboRogue: DORNE MARGOLIN T

                         -----
                     /     +     \                        <--  0.128  L2

                    |      +      |                       <--  0.110  L1

  +--------------------------------------------------+    <--  0.102
TCR
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <--  0.038
+-------------------+-------------+--------------------+  <--  0.035
BCR
                    |             |
                   =|             |
                    +------x------+                       <--  0.000
ARP

<--                      0.381                       -->

              Ashtech: DORNE MARGOLIN ASH

                         -----
                     /     +     \                        <--  0.128  L2

                    |      +      |                       <--  0.110  L1

  +--------------------------------------------------+    <--  0.102
TCR
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <--  0.038
+-------------------+-------------+--------------------+  <--  0.035
BCR
                    |             |
                   =|             |
                    +------x------+                       <--  0.000
ARP

<--                      0.381                       -->

MONUMENT DESCRIPTIONS

Marked on Site Map as:        Description:

I                             National Triangulation Station O06T0142 -
brass
                              bolt with scribed cross on top of concrete
astro
                              pillar - pillar is inside a hut with
removable
                              roof.

III                           Stainless steel bolt with milled center
mark set
                              in concrete on bedrock.

TROM                          Brass bolt set in bedrock under antenna
pillar,
10302M003                     accessible for centering, bolt has a
center punch
                              mark WHICH IS ECCENTRIC ON THE TOP OF THE
BOLT.

VLBI                          Brass bolt with center punch mark set in
10302M002                     circular concrete pedestal on mobile VLBI
                              foundations. Pedestal is covered by a cast
iron
                              cover approximately 50 cm diameter.

PRARE                         Center of top plate to PRARE antenna
pillar
                              (constructed of reinforced concrete)
inside
                              radome.

C1                            Witness Mark #1 - Brass bolt with center
punch
                              mark set in bedrock.

C2                            Witness Mark #2 - Brass bolt with center
punch
                              mark set in bedrock.

C3                            Witness Mark #3 - Brass bolt with center
punch
                              mark set in bedrock.

C4                            Witness Mark #4 - Brass bolt with center
punch
                              mark set in bedrock.

C5                            Witness Mark #5 - Brass bolt with center
punch
                              mark set in bedrock.

New IGS         Steel tower fixed to a reinforced concrete block
10302M006        blasted into solid bedrock. The point is defined
         as the top center of the hole in the horizontal
         top plate, through which a special machined 5/8
         UNC screw can be put to fix an antenna or
         other geodetic instrument.

SATREF         Steel tower fixed to a reinforced concrete block
                 blasted into solid bedrock. The point is defined
         by a brass bolt with center punch mark set in
                              center of the concrete block.

Sketch of Tromsoe:

                                      ____________
N    C4 o        |    |
^                                C5 o|    |
|           10302M003                |            |
|         (TROM) x                   |      VLBI  |
|                                    |         x  |              o C1
                                     |____     ___|
              |   |
       |   | o C2