[IGSMAIL-2090] Changes to GPS archives at CDDIS

Carey Carey
Thu Dec 3 13:15:11 PST 1998

IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Dec  3 13:15:11 PST 1998      Message Number 2090

Author: Carey Noll/CDDIS
Subject: Changes to GPS archives at CDDIS

We have recently made the GPS data and products directories at the
CDDIS (host name cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov) accessible via anonymous ftp.
During this process, "old" links, such as /gps1, /gps2, /gps3, have
been eliminated; users should have been using /gps anyways.
Regardless, users can now access GPS data and products through
anonymous ftp, in the /pub/gps directory tree.  Some time in the
future we will discontinue use of the "old" username/password
combination for accessing these data.  I would strongly encourage
users to transition their software to use the anonymous ftp access
method.  Access to these data through the web also works now.  Please
let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Regards,
Carey.

[Mailed From: Carey Noll 301-286-9283 <NOLL at CDDIS.GSFC.NASA.GOV>]