[IGSMAIL-2048] Rename PET1 -> PETP

Grigory Grigory
Wed Oct 21 15:42:13 PDT 1998

IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Oct 21 15:42:13 PDT 1998      Message Number 2048

Author: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Subject: Rename PET1 -> PETP

PS TRACKER ID:  PETP
DOMES No.:      12355M002
LOCATION:       Petropavlovsk-Kamchatka, Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia
                NEDA: Northern Eurasia Deformation Array created and run by
                RUSEG: Russia/US Experiment on Geodynamics by GPS Technology.
                NEDA operational control is provided by RDAAC:
                Regional GPS Data Acquistion/Analysis Center, Moscow, Russia
                (contact Grigory Steblov: steblov at ria.ipmnet.ru)

Earlier (IGSMail no. 2039 of 13-OCT-98) we announced that
a new IGS station PET1 is operating instead of PETR. This allowed us
to get rid of the radio noise.

Today we were asked by Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center to change
the name PET1 since it is already in use at Petaloma (California) although
not at the IGS Global Network. We are sorry that we did not check the name
at the Scripps "check name" browser.

We proposed to IGS CB to change name "PET1" to "PETP".
This was approved and the change is already reflected at the IGS website
both in the log files and in the map.

We are sorry for an incovenience caused.

Regards,

Grigory Steblov (steblov at ria.ipmnet.ru)
Mikhail Kogan   (kogan at ldeo.columbia.edu)

[Mailed From: Mikhail Kogan <kogan at ldeo.columbia.edu>]