[IGSMAIL-1710] Urgent Action, GPS Spectrum Issues

Ruth Ruth
Fri Oct 24 09:31:58 PDT 1997

IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Oct 24  9:31:58 PDT 1997      Message Number 1710

Author: Ruth Neilan for Ann Ciganer
Subject: Urgent Action, GPS Spectrum Issues

Dear colleagues,

As you may be aware, there is some serious concern about the imminent
selling of frequencies in the L-band range that may affect the GPS
spectrum. The message below is from Ann Ciganer at Trimble Navigation, who
is actively involved in the U.S. GPS Industry Council.

Please investigate the following website prepared by Trimble Navigation for
information on this crucial issue, and please respond as appropriate.

"Alert to GPS Users" is now available and posted on our Trimble
external website at:

   http://www.trimble.com/usgic

Please contact our website for urgent action to protect GPS
spectrum.

sincerely,

Ruth

Ann is at: Ann_Ciganer at Trimble.COM or Tel: 408-481-2096

Ruth E. Neilan                    Telephone:   (818)-354-8330
Director, IGS Central Bureau      FAX:         (818)-393-6686
Jet Propulsion Laboratory         E-mail (IGS):      igscb at igscb.jpl.nasa.gov
MS 238-540                        E-mail (personal): ren at cobra.jpl.nasa.gov
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA 91109