[IGSMAIL-1696] New Turborogue receiver at Kourou

ESOC ESOC
Tue Oct 7 05:40:27 PDT 1997

IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Oct  7  5:40:27 PDT 1997      Message Number 1696

Author: ESOC IGS team
Subject: New Turborogue receiver at Kourou

A new TurboRogue GPS receiver and antenna have been installed
at Kourou to replace the old MiniRogue system. A similar
equipment is on the way to Malindi. Both replacements have
been unfortunately delayed for several months because of
problems with the antennas.

Please find below the new station information form. The new antenna
height is 4.5 cm. (ARP is now different)

Data are available since 06/10/97 at 13:00. We apologize for the
five days interval without data collection due to unexpected
problems with the installation and leveling of the new antenna.

Regards.

     KOUR Site Information Form
     International GPS Service for Geodynamics

0.   Form

     Prepared by (full name)  : C.Garcia
     Date Prepared            : 07-OCT-1997
     Report Type              : UPDATE
     Prepared Using           :

1.   Site Identification of the GPS Monument

     Site Name                : Kourou
     Four Character ID        : KOUR
     Monument Inscription     : None
     IERS DOMES Number        : 97301M210
     CDP Number               : None
     Date Installed           : 18-OCT-1992 hh:mm UT
     Geologic Characteristic  : (BEDROCK/CLAY/CONGLOMERATE/GRAVEL/SAND/etc)
       Bedrock Type           : (IGNEOUS/METAMORPHIC/SEDIMENTARY)
       Bedrock Condition      : (FRESH/JOINTED/WEATHERED)
       Fracture Spacing       : (1-10 cm/10-50 cm/50-200 cm/over 200 cm)
       Notes                  : (multiple lines)
     Additional Information   : Mark at the center of a horizontal metal
                              : plate embedded on the concrete monument.

2.   Site Location Information

     City or Town             : Kourou
     State or Province        :
     Country                  : French Guyana
     Tectonic Plate           : South American
     Approximate Position
       X coordinate (m)       :  3839591.447
       Y coordinate (m)       : -5059567.538
       Z coordinate (m)       :   579956.867
       Latitude (deg)         :   5.2522 N
       Longitude (deg)        :  52.8060 W
       Elevation (m)          : -25.57
     Additional Information   : extracted from ITRF 94

3.   GPS Receiver Information

3.1  Receiver Type            : ROGUE SNR-8C
     Serial Number            : 307
     Firmware Version         : MEENIX 7.3 / RUSE 4.2
     Date Installed           : 18-OCT-1992 hh:mm UT
     Date Removed             : 05-OCT-1994 23:59 UT
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

3.2  Receiver Type            : ROGUE SNR-8C
     Serial Number            : 307
     Firmware Version         : MEENIX 7.8 / RUSE 4.2
     Date Installed           : 06-OCT-1994 hh:mm UT
     Date Removed             : 01-OCT-1997 12:00 UT
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

3.3  Receiver Type            : ROGUE SNR-8100
     Serial Number            : 107
     Firmware Version         : 3.2.32.1
     Date Installed           : 06-OCT-1997 00:00 UT
     Date Removed             : (dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm UT)
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

3.x  Receiver Type            :
     Serial Number            :
     Firmware Version         :
     Date Installed           : (dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm UT)
     Date Removed             : (dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm UT)
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

4.   GPS Antenna Information

4.1  Antenna Type             : DORNE MARGOLIN B
     Serial Number            : 122
     Antenna Height (m)       : 0.132
     Antenna Reference Point  : BCR
     Degree Offset from North : 0
     Antenna Radome Type      :
     Date Installed           : 18-OCT-1992 hh:mm UT
     Date Removed             : 01-OCT-1997 12:00 UT
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

4.2  Antenna Type             : DORNE MARGOLIN T
     Serial Number            : 152
     Antenna Height (m)       : 0.045
     Antenna Reference Point  : ARP
     Degree Offset from North : 0
     Antenna Radome Type      :
     Date Installed           : 06-OCT-1997 00:00 UT
     Date Removed             : (dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm UT)
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

4.x  Antenna Type             :
     Serial Number            :
     Antenna Height (m)       : (m)
     Antenna Reference Point  : (ARP/BCR/BPA)
     Degree Offset from North :
     Antenna Radome Type      :
     Date Installed           : (dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm UT)
     Date Removed             : (dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm UT)
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

5.   Local Site Ties

5.x  Monument Name            :
     Site Ref CDP Number      : (XXXX)
     Site Ref Domes Number    : (XXXXXXXXX)
     Differential Components from GPS Mark to Site Reference (ITRS)
       dx (m)                 : (m)
       dy (m)                 : (m)
       dz (m)                 : (m)
     Accuracy (mm)            : (mm)
     Date Measured            : (dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm UT)
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

6.   Frequency Standard

6.1  Standard Type            : CESIUM
       Frequency              :
       Effective Dates        : 18-OCT-1992 - dd-MMM-yyyy
       Notes                  : (multiple lines)

6.x  Standard Type            : (H-MASER/CESIUM/QUARTZ/INTERNAL/RUBIDIUM)
       Frequency              :
       Effective Dates        : (dd-MMM-yyyy - dd-MMM-yyyy)
       Notes                  : (multiple lines)

7.   Collocation Information

7.x  Instrumentation Type     : (DORIS/GLONASS/PRARE/SLR/VLBI)
       Status                 : (PERMANENT/MOBILE)
       Effective Dates        : (dd-MMM-yyyy - dd-MMM-yyyy)
       Notes                  : (multiple lines)

8.   Meteorological Instrumentation

8.1  Humidity Sensor Model    :
       Manufacturer           :
       Data Frequency         :
       Accuracy (% rel h)     : (% rel h)
       Effective Dates        : (dd-MMM-yyyy - dd-MMM-yyyy)
       Notes                  : (multiple lines)

8.2  Pressure Sensor Model    :
       Manufacturer           :
       Data Frequency         :
       Accuracy (mbar)        : (mbar)
       Height Diff to GPS (m) : (m)
       Effective Dates        : (dd-MMM-yyyy - dd-MMM-yyyy)
       Notes                  : (multiple lines)

8.3  Temperature Sensor Model :
       Manufacturer           :
       Data Frequency         :
       Accuracy (deg C)       : (deg C)
       Effective Dates        : (dd-MMM-yyyy - dd-MMM-yyyy)
       Notes                  : (multiple lines)

8.4  Water Vapor Radiometer   :
       Manufacturer           :
       Distance to GPS (m)    : (m)
       Elev Diff to GPS (m)   : (m)
       Effective Dates        : (dd-MMM-yyyy - dd-MMM-yyyy)
       Notes                  : (multiple lines)

8.5  Other Instrumentation    : (multiple lines)

9.   On-Site, Point of Contact Agency Information

     Agency                   : ESA Station Diane
     Mailing Address          : ESA Station Diane
                              : PO Box no.27
                              : 97311 Kourou Cedex
                              : French Guyana
     Primary Contact
       Contact Name           : At ESOC
       Telephone (primary)    : 594-33-6338
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    : 594-33-6336
       E-mail                 :
     Secondary Contact
       Contact Name           :
       Telephone (primary)    :
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    :
       E-mail                 :
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

10.  Responsible Agency (if different from 9.)

     Agency                   : ESA / ESOC
     Mailing Address          : Robert-Bosch-Strasse 5
                              : D-64293
                              : Darmstadt
                              : Germany
     Primary Contact
       Contact Name           : J.Dow
       Telephone (primary)    : 49-6151-902272
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    : 49-6151-902271
       E-mail                 : jdow at esoc.esa.de
     Secondary Contact
       Contact Name           : C.Garcia
       Telephone (primary)    : 49-6151-902088
       Telephone (secondary)  :
       Fax                    : 49-6151-902271
       E-mail                 : cagarcia at esoc.esa.de
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)

11.  More Information

     URL for More Information : http://nng.esoc.esa.de/gps/kourou.html
     Hardcopy on File
       Site Map               : X
       Site Diagram           : X
       Horizon Mask           : X
       Monument Description   : X
       Site Pictures          : X
     Additional Information   : (multiple lines)
     Antenna Graphics with Dimensions

            TURBOROGUE: DORNE MARGOLIN T

                        -----
                    /     +     \                        <--  0.128  L2
                   |      +      |                       <--  0.110  L1
 +--------------------------------------------------+    <--  0.102  TCR
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <--  0.038
+-------------------+-------------+--------------------+  <--  0.035  BCR
                    |             |
                   =|             |
                    +------x------+                       <--  0.000  ARP

<--                      0.381                       -->

  ARP: Antenna Reference Point
  L1 : L1 Phase Center                   L2 : L2 Phase Center
  TCR: Top of Chokering                  BCR: Bottom of Chokering

ROGUE:  DORNE MARGOLIN B  (Allen Osborne Design)

                          -----
                      /     +     \                        <--  0.096  L2
                     |      +      |                       <--  0.078  L1
                           ||  ||

   <--                    0.351                     -->

[Mailed From: cagarcia at esoc.esa.de (C. Garcia Martinez x2088 A141 gmv/fcsd/oad)]