[IGSMAIL-1641] SIO codes to IGS codes

Jeff Jeff
Tue Jul 1 10:28:44 PDT 1997

IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Jul  1 10:28:44 PDT 1997      Message Number 1641

Author: Jeff Dean
Subject: SIO codes to IGS codes

Subject: Move from SIO Codes to IGS Codes
Dear SOPAC Archive Users and GAMIT Users,

1)  To comply with IGS standard, we will, starting July-01-97 (DOY 181), end
    the use of SIO site names in our archiving and processing, as anounced
    two weeks ago (IGS MAIL #1623). The two weeks of grace period that
    SIO and IGS names co-exist ends now. This change currently only affects
    new data, as we are planning to rename older data in the near future.
    The sites affected are as follows:

 Site Name               SIO  IGS
 ----------------------  ---- ----
 Arequipa, Peru          are1 areq
 Goldstone, CA, USA      ds10 gold
 JPL Mesa, CA, USA       jpl1 jplm
 Kokee Park, HI, USA     kokr kokb
 Madrid DSN, Spain       ds60 madr
 Ny Alesund, Norway      nall nyal
 Tidbinbilla, Australia  ds42 tidb
 Usuda, Japan;IGS        usu3 usud
 Wettzell, Germany       wtz1 wett

 Note to GAMIT users:

 The historical data will not be renamed to the IGS codes until
 the backwards compatible station.info is finished.

 2) GAMIT Users: the following files have been affected

 		station.info
 		sittbl.
 		itrf94_1996_iers

 To retrieve these files please
 	ftp to pgga.ucsd.edu
 	login : anonymous
 	passwd : your email
 	cd pub/gamit/new
 	ascii
 	get README
 	get station.info
 	get sittbl.
 	get itrf94_1996_iers
 	bye

 The station.info is not backwards compatible.  This means that
 it will only work for runs using data from July-01-97 on. When the
 backwards compatible station.info is finished we will notify
 the GAMIT community.  For historical runs, please use the station.info
 prior to July-01-97.

 For questions or comments regarding this change please contact:

 Peng Fang pfang at pgga.ucsd.edu for GAMIT related
 Jeff Dean jdean at ucsd.edu for archive related

 Regards,

	Jeff Dean