[IGSMAIL-1332] Ashtech Chokering Antenna

W. W.
Wed May 29 14:53:23 PDT 1996

IGS Electronic Mail      Wed May 29 14:53:23 PDT 1996      Message Number 1332

Author: W. Gurtner
Subject: Ashtech Chokering Antenna

Dorne Margolin Antenna for Ashtech Receivers

The current antenna diagram file antenna.gra to be found at the IGS
Information System contains the following diagram for the Ashtech
Choke ring antenna:

              Ashtech: DORNE MARGOLIN ASH

                         -----
                     /     +     \                        <--  0.128  L2
                    |      +      |                       <--  0.110  L1
  +--------------------------------------------------+    <--  0.102  TCR
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <--  0.038
+-------------------+-------------+--------------------+  <--  0.035  BCR
                    |             |
                   =|             |
                    +------x------+                       <--  0.000  ARP

<--                      0.381                       -->

Recently I got from Polish colleagues a copy of a drawing (which came together
with their antenna, model 700936) containing different numbers (rounded to the
millimeter):

                         -----
                     /     +     \                        <--  0.121  L2
                    |             |
  +--------------------------------------------------+    <--  0.101  TCR
  |                        +                         |    <--  0.095  L1
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <--  0.038

<--                      0.379                       -->

My questions: Is anybody using the original values of the first diagram
in their data analysis or can we replace them by the obviously "more official"
ones of the second diagram?

Werner Gurtner

[Mailed From: Werner Gurtner <GURTNER at aiub.unibe.ch>]