[IGSMAIL-1146] New site in Korea

Pil-Ho Pil-Ho
Mon Dec 4 23:51:38 PST 1995

IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Dec  4 23:51:38 PST 1995      Message Number 1146

Author: Pil-Ho Park
Subject: New site in Korea

New permanent GPS station(TAEJ) of IGS.

Included please find our new site information log which was submitted to IGS Central Bureau.

Our site, TAEJ is located at central region, Taejon in South Korea. Our data has been transferred to CDDIS since November 20, 1995.

Best Regards,

Pil-Ho Park
Korea Astronomy Observatory

**********************************
     SITE INFORMATION FORM
**********************************

0. Form

        Prepared by (full name): Pil-Ho Park
        Date                   : 20-NOV-1995
        Report type            : NEW
           (NEW or UPDATE)

1. Site Identification of the GPS monument

        Site Name              : Taejon
        4 char ID              : TAEJ
        Monument Inscription   : KAO GPS STATION
        IERS DOMES Number      : 23902M001
        CDP Number             : Not Assigned
        Date                   : 20-NOV-1995
        Additional information :
                 Mark Type: Stainless Steel Rod
                 Condition: Mark Solid in Setting
                 Mark Setting: In Poured Concrete Post with Ground Surface
                 Soil Type: Alluvium

                             _____
                          ___|___|___ TR GEOD L1/L2 GP
                             |___|    ___________________________
                              | |
          Stainless Steel Rod | | +:Mark Point              0.6604m
          (radius=25mm)_______|+|_______     ____________________
                       |      | |      |      0.3m
                       |      |_|      |     ______
                       |               |                    1.8m
                       |Poured Concrete|
        _______________|_______________|_______________     _____
        Ground Surface |               | Ground Surface
                       |               |
                       |Poured Concrete|                    5.0m
                       |               |
           ____________|               |_____________       _____
           |________________________________________|       _____ 0.5 m
                       |--0.5m x 0.5m--|
           |------------- 2.0m x 2.0m --------------|

2. Site Location

        City                   : Taejon
        Country                : Korea
        Tectonic Plate         : Eurasian Plate
        Additional information : Taedok Science Town(Central Region of Korea)

   Approximate Geodetic Coordinates(WGS 84)
        Latitude               :  36 deg 22' 27".91 N
        Longitude              : 127 deg 21' 57".88 E
        Height                 : 77.6 m

3. GPS Receiver

        Type                   : TRIMBLE 4000SSE
        Serial Number          : 3411A05491
        Firmware Version       : 6.10
        Date                   : 26-OCT-94

   (use type names from attached list)

4. GPS Antenna

        Type                   : TR GEOD L1/L2 GP
        Serial Number          : 9372
        Date                   : 26-OCT-94

   (use type names from attached list)

        Vertical Antenna Height: 0.6604 m
        Antenna Reference Point: Bottom Center of Preamprifier
        Date                   : 26-OCT-94

5. Local Site Ties

Monument               CDP     DOMES             Components      Accuracy  Date
Name                   Number  Number       dX       dY      dZ     mm yy-mm-dd

...................   ....... ........   ........ ........ ........ .. .. .. ..

Differential coordinates from the GPS monument to the reference and
other monuments. The components are parallel to the XYZ-axes of the
global geocentric reference system ITRF (WGS-84).

"Accuracy" is estimated accuracy of local survey (millimeters).

6. Frequency standard

        H-maser /   /   Cesium / X /    Quartz /   /     Internal / X /
        Other (specify)        :
        Date                   : 26-OCT-94

        (Mark with 'X')

7. Collocation

        SLR    /   /    VLBI  /  /     DORIS  /  /     PRARE    /  /

        Other GEOPHYSICAL Instrumentation (specify) :

        Other (specify)        :

        (Mark with 'P' for permanent, 'M' for mobile collocation)

8. On-site, Point of Contact Agency Information

        Agency                 : Korea Astronomy Obsevatory(KAO)
        Contact                : Pil-Ho Park
        Address                : 36-1, Whaam-dong, Yusong-gu, Taejon 305-348,
                                 Korea
        Telephone              : 82-42-862-2526
        E-mail                 : phpark at daen.kaist.ac.kr
        Fax                    : 82-42-861-5610

9. Responsible Operations Agency
   (if different from item 8)

        Agency                 :

        Contact                :
        Address                :

        Telephone              :
        E-mail                 :
        Fax                    :

10. Please insert here the character graphics corresponding to the
antenna type. Check, complete or change if necessary the antenna
dimensions.

        Trimble: TR GEOD L1/L2 GP       (compact, with groundplane)

                       ----+----                          <--  0.0625 L1/L2
                    /      +      \
++----------------+-----------------+-----------------++  <--  0.0591 TGP
++---------------+-------------------+----------------++  <--  0.0556 BGP
                 |                   |
                  |                 |
                   |               |
                    +------x------+                       <--  0.000  ARP=BPA

 <--                     0.467                      -->               NOTCHES
<--                      0.483                       -->              EDGE

   ARP: Antenna Reference Point
   L1 : L1 Phase Center                   L2 : L2 Phase Center
   TGP: Top of Ground Plane               BGP: Bottom of Ground Plane
   TPA: Top of Preamplifier               BPA: Bottom of Preamplifier

11. Hard copy information

The next items should be compiled and sent to the Central Bureau
(see original IGS Station Information Report, or contact the CB for
forms).

   Please mark 'X' if on file or date expected to be available.

        Site Map               :
        Site Diagram           :
        Horizon Mask           : No obstruction above 10 degree
        Monument description   : X
        Site pictures          :

[Mailed From: phpark at daen.kaist.ac.kr (PARK PIL-HO)]