[IGSMAIL-1008] GPS O'Higgins interruption

Rudi Rudi
Wed Jul 12 13:19:15 PDT 1995

IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jul 12 13:19:15 PDT 1995      Message Number 1008

Author: Rudi Stoeger
Subject: GPS O'Higgins interruption

The stand-alone GPS Permanent Tracking System at
O'Higgins (Antarctica) interrupted data-transmission
after 05-June-1995. We suppose a power cut or a
short circuit in the power-supplies. Up to the
present we could not solve this problem. We are
very sorry. At the latest, our colleagues travelling
to the VLBI-Site O'Higgins during "Antarctican
Summer" will repair the GPS-System.

On behalf of Dr. Wofgang Schlueter and Klaus Roettcher,

Best regards:
Rudi Stoeger

Institut fuer Angewandte Geodaesie
Fundamentalstation Wettzell