[IGSMAIL-1002] GUAM outages

Byron Byron
Fri Jul 7 15:10:56 PDT 1995

IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jul  7 15:10:56 PDT 1995      Message Number 1002

Author: Byron Iijima
Subject: GUAM outages

The GPS site at Guam has been having data outages of several
(typically around six) hours per day since 17 June, typically between
600 and 1200 UT.  These outages were worse from 2 July to 6 July
where data volume was about one-quarter normal.  We have not yet
ascertained the cause of this problem though we suspect RFI.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards.

- Byron

Byron Iijima                       Telephone:   (818) 354 8503
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:         (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:       bai at logos.jpl.nasa.gov
M/S 238-700
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109