[IGSMAIL-0883] New TurboRogue at Wettzell

Dr. Dr.
Wed Feb 15 01:48:20 PST 1995

IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Feb 15  1:48:20 PST 1995      Message Number 0883

Author: Dr. Wolfgang Schlueter / Rudolf Stoeger / Klaus Roettcher
Subject: New TurboRogue at Wettzell

Subject: New Site

Institut fuer Angewandte Geodaesie has installed a new site in
Wettzell / Germany.  The site is located at the Fundamentalstation
Wettzell since February 1995. The new TurboRogue SNR 8000 operates in
addition and parallel to the existing Rogue SNR 800.

The data-files of the TurboRogue are named WTZR.
Local ties from SLR (WLRS), VLBI and Rogue SNR 800 to the TurboRogue
are provided in the Site Information Form (IGS).

If there are unexpected problems e.g. with multipaths or with the
interpretation of the local vectors we appreciate your comments.
If there might be a GPS-solution for the local vector between the
old Rogue and the new TurboRogue, we appreciate to obtain results.

With best regards:

Wolfgang Schlueter
Rudi Stoeger
Klaus Roettcher

Site Code : WTZR
Location  : Wettzell, Germany

**********************************
     SITE INFORMATION FORM
**********************************

0. Form

        Prepared by (full name): Dr. Wolfgang Schlueter / Rudolf Stoeger
                                 and Klaus Roettcher
        Date                   : 15.02.1995
        Report type            : New
          (NEW or UPDATE)

1. Site Identification of the GPS monument

        Site Name              : Fundamentalstation Wettzell / Germany
        4 char ID              : WTZR
        Monument Inscription   : Pillar 1202
        IERS DOMES Number      : -
        CDP Number             : -
        Date                   : 09-FEB-1995
        Additional information : A new TurboRogue SNR-8000 operates
                                 since 09-FEB-1995 at the Fundamental-
                                 station Wettzell in addition and
                                 parallel to the existing Rogue
                                 SNR-800 (which operates here since
                                 23-JULY-1991).

2. Site Location

        City                   : Koetzting
        Country                : Germany
        Tectonic Plate         : Eurasian
        Additional information : -

3. GPS Receiver

        Type                   : ROGUE SNR-8000
        Serial Number          : T313
        Firmware Version       : 3.0
        Date                   : 02/09/1995 (09-FEB-1995)

   (use type names from attached list)

4. GPS Antenna

        Type                   : DORNE MARGOLIN T
        Serial Number          : 400
        Date                   : 02/09/1995 (09-FEB-1995)

   (use type names from attached list)

        Vertical Antenna Height: 0.071 m     (71.0 mm above pillar # 1202)
        Antenna Reference Point: ARP
        Date                   : 02/09/1995 (09-FEB-1995)

5. Local Site Ties

Monument           CDP     DOMES             Components      Accuracy  Date
Name               Number  Number       dX       dY      dZ     mm yy-mm-dd

VLBI Ref Point     7224   14201S004  -40.802  -118.398 +61.317   1 95-02-13
SLR WLRS           8834   14201S018   -3.828   -68.200 +15.517   1 95-02-13
Rogue SNR-800
(Bottom of Choke-
rings = # 1200)    -      -           -2.105    -0.981  +1.994   1 95-02-13
Trimble - Site
(Pillar # 1201)    -      -           -3.071    +1.620  +2.157   1 95-02-13

The vectors are refered to the point of the monument (our pillar # 1202):
dx = x (monument) - x (1202).

Differential coordinates from the GPS monument to the reference and
other monuments. The components are parallel to the XYZ-axes of the
global geocentric reference system ITRF (WGS-84).

"Accuracy" is estimated accuracy of local survey (millimeters).

6. Frequency standard

        H-maser / x /   Cesium /   /    Quartz /   /     Internal /   /
        Other (specify)        :
        Date                   : 02-09-1995 (09-FEB-1995)

        (Mark with 'X')

7. Collocation

        SLR    / X /    VLBI  / X /     DORIS  /  /     PRARE    / X /

        Other GEOPHYSICAL Instrumentation (specify) :

        Other (specify)        : LLR (P)
                               : Super Conducting Gravity Meter (P)
			       : Seismographs (P)
                               : MTLRS-1 ( = our mobile SLR) (M)
                               : Transit (NNSS-DMA Doppler) till 04/93 (P)
                               : TIGO Transportable Integrated Geodetic
                                 Observatory (under construction)

        (Mark with 'P' for permanent, 'M' for mobile collocation)

8. On-site, Point of Contact Agency Information

        Agency                 : Institut fuer Angewandte Geodaesie
                                 Fundamentalstation Wettzell
        Contact                : Dr. Wolfgang Schlueter or Rudolf Stoeger
                                 or Klaus Roettcher
        Address                : Institut fuer Angewandte Geodaesie
                                 Fundamentalstation Wettzell
                                 D-93444 Koetzting
                                 Germany

        Shipping	       : same address

        Telephone              : Germany-9941-6030
                                 (Wolfgang Schlueter: Germany-9941-603107
                                  Rudolf Stoeger:     Germany-9941-603114
                                  Klaus Roettcher:    Germany-9941-603115)
        E-mail                 : schlueter at wvax1.wettzell.ifag.de
                                 stoeger at wvax1.wettzell.ifag.de
                                 roettcher at wvax1.wettzell.ifag.de
        Fax                    : Germany-9941-603222

9. Responsible Operations Agency
   (if different from item 8)

        Agency                 :
        Contact                :
        Address                :

        Telephone              :
        E-mail                 :
        Fax                    :

10. Please insert here the character graphics corresponding to the
antenna type. Check, complete or change if necessary the antenna
dimensions.

11. Hard copy information

    The next items should be compiled and sent to the Central Bureau
(see original IGS Station Information Report, or contact the CB for
forms).

    Please mark 'X' if on file or date expected to be available.

        Site Map               :
        Site Diagram           :
        Horizon Mask           :
        Monument description   :
        Site pictures          :

             TurboRogue: DORNE MARGOLIN T

                         -----
                     /     +     \                        <--  0.128  L2
                    |      +      |                       <--  0.110  L1
  +--------------------------------------------------+    <--  0.102  TCR

<--                      0.381                       -->

   ARP: Antenna Reference Point
   L1 : L1 Phase Center                   L2 : L2 Phase Center
   TCR: Top of Chokering                  BCR: Bottom of Chokering

[Mailed From: stoeger at wettzell.ifag.de]