[IGSMAIL-0811] SIO Archive Traffic

Burc Burc
Fri Dec 16 10:29:07 PST 1994

IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Dec 16 10:29:07 PST 1994      Message Number 0811

Author: Burc Oral and Yehuda Bock
Subject: SIO Archive Traffic

Subject: Monitoring ftp traffic

Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center
Date: 16 December 1994

In an effort to increase the efficiency of our archive services
we have begun to closely monitor requests by anonymous ftp.

As a result we have noticed that in the last month there have
been multiple transfers (>50) per day per (~20) sites of RINEX
files.

This kind of behavior detracts from the other many users of
our archive. We ask all users to monitor their requests more
closely and avoid these multiple retrievals of data.

Thank you for your cooperation.

[Mailed From: pgga at pgga.UCSD.EDU (Geodesy Lab account)]