[IGSMAIL-0514] DRAO data loss / email problems

Mike Mike
Mon Feb 28 14:07:36 PST 1994

IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Feb 28 14:07:36 PST 1994      Message Number 0514

Author: Mike Schmidt
Subject: DRAO data loss / email problems

                     GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA
                   WESTERN CANADA DEFORMATION ARRAY
                         GPS TRACKER ADVISORY

GPS TRACKER ID: DRAO
DOMES No.:      40105-M002
CDP No.         n/a
MONUMENT No.    887006
LOCATION:       Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory (DRAO)
                Penticton B.C, Canada

ADVISORY: Due to a receiver malfunction there is no data available

                    from D057 00:31 to D057 24:00 UT

          for DRAO. The SNR-8000 receiver "froze" at 00:31 UT. Due
          to the fact that this was on a Sunday it was not discovered
          until approx. 23:45UT. Our apologies for any inconveniences.

         ALSO please note that due to the upgrade of our main servers
         to Solaris operating system our email link has been and will be
         sporadic until some of the growing pains have been resolved. We
         will attempt to communicate as best we can. Thank you for your
         patience.

ADVISORY DISTRIBUTION:          IGS
                                CANADIAN ACS
                                BC ACS

PREPARED BY: MS                  DATE: 94/02/28
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Mike Schmidt
Pacific Geoscience Centre
Geological Survey of Canada